Is it normal to feel excessively sleepy in the first few days?

Hey all, I’m only about 38 hours into a dry fast but I am feeling SO tired. I’ve done dry fasts in the past but I’ve always had mega trouble sleeping on them (which usually results in me ending them by day 5 because I feel like I’ve slept a total of 6 hours over several days) but not this time ! .. has anyone else felt really sleepy the first few days?

I started on Saturday at 11pm, slept 11:30pm-9am and then had a nap the next day from 2:00pm-3:30pm because I just couldn’t stay awake! I was so worried my nap was going to ruin my sleep, however I slept last night from 10:30pm-8:00am, showered and came downstairs and then fell asleep on the couch again from 9:30am-12:30pm because I just can’t keep my eyes open! I still feel so tired like I could sleep another 3 hours… what the hell! I’ve basically slept 24 hours out of the 38.

This has never been how dry fasts go for me so I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Extra info: I prepped for my fast by having lots of electrolytes & water, and ate only chicken, salad and fruit the day prior.